Tuesday 5 December 2017

Evaluation on my New Wave essay

I decided to study the French New Wave as I wanted to study how one movement within film drastically changed future film making. The French New Wave started this revolution of on scene shooting, using hand held cameras, having characters in the film talk to the audience and abstract editing techniques. 


I decided to focus of film-maker Jean-Luc Godard as after watching a couple of his films, I took a considerable amount of knowledge and inspiration from him. As previously mentioned, I noticed there were several techniques which are used in film today. One of these techniques are jump cuts, which are thought to be invented by Godard himself. I used quick cuts and fast editing in my new wave film from the inspiration I gained from Jean-Luc Godard. I also used a hand held camera all throughout my film as you may be able to tell from the shakiness of the camera, but you may not be able to tell as much with the quick editing techniques I have used. 

My French New Wave essay has gone really well although I could’ve done a bit more research and reading of books to help me write it better. I could have also watched the films I have analysed, a couple times and then wrote notes which then would’ve furthered into better detail of the films. I think if I would’ve done this I would have more of an understanding of the films I watched.

I think if I paid more attention to detail and wrote more notes about each film then I believe I could've made my work better in detail. If I used more books to further my research into Jean-Luc Godard, and the French New Wave then maybe I could've made more references which would've made my work better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment