Tuesday 12 June 2018

Research Methods evaluation

What went well during my research was that I found some of the stuff I needed however I didn't find out everything that I was looking for. This is because when I was doing my questionnaire I didn't really know what I was looking for. This lead to questions that were irrelevant for my music video. What I would do next time is create a second questionnaire based on my genre and narrative techniques to further knowledge. An example of this is the question about what genre should my music video be. The answers to the question were useless to me as I already chose the song I was going to be producing a music video for.
The research which was the most useful was the textual analysis, as I relied on the different genres of music videos I analysed to help influence me in the way I edited my own music video. This is because the genre of song I chose is under dance/electronic however I don't feel that all the way through the song. As the song goes through the verses it slows down, quite like the indie genre but as it gets to the chorus it then seems more dance and electronic. This is why I analysed different music videos to help me understand the way the genres are edited together.
What could've better was my questionnaire

No comments:

Post a Comment